AMBASSADOR (am bas′ə dər, -dôr′) noun

Ambassadors of goodwill are activists, celebrities, artists, environmentalists;

Ambassador-at-large is one accredited to no particular country;

Ambassador extraordinary has a special diplomatic mission;

Unofficial ambassador is one with all;

& unofficial am I!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

gatto di Buddha - sogni d'oro




Morgan Moo
This is one of my four first attempts of working with gold leaf. Morgan is Megan & Jason's chubby big kitty. I loved the way he was sitting with his belly hanging out and nothing shy about that! So working off of a Gustav Klimt style of swirls, I stepped outside mt signature style of animals.

This is my newest signature style that I want to fully explore as I love the self taught technique of gold leafing.

If the sake of making art is at all about helping the artist grow, feel better or express, this piece did it for me! I love my gatto di buddha!


4 comments:

  1. Being as I have Gatto's misfit twin, I really love this post. Nice to see your blog and the photos you have included. A blog is such a great way to follow the life of a friend... and yours is quite a life Francesca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear the Francesca I once knew is back and producing amazing art. Love the gold leaf cat (even though I am not a cat person) and wonder if you can teach me gold leaf and collage in July? Is it expensive and hard to learn? Will you do an Italy landscape with gold leaf? How long did this cat piece of art take to come together? Hi from Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, John. I love th gold leaf technique totally and I taught myself. The supplies can be enough but just take a peak at Hobby Lobby & Micheals. One of them has a 40% coupon & if you only bought 1 item each time till you had enough you could get the supplies for just gold leaf in it but it is much more expensive here than in the USA. Then it a matter of deciding and working out the design flaws. The 1st cat I screwed up & that was easily 60 euros in supplies thrown away. We can talk when I get back. Ciao John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also Denise, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I thought u were talking about the cats pooping on your terrace and not the error piece! Kisses

    ReplyDelete