AMBASSADOR (am bas′ə dər, -dôr′) noun

Ambassadors of goodwill are activists, celebrities, artists, environmentalists;

Ambassador-at-large is one accredited to no particular country;

Ambassador extraordinary has a special diplomatic mission;

Unofficial ambassador is one with all;

& unofficial am I!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Lived the Life of a Street Performing Musician!



Nia in the pink here on left and I am in back below the golden light glowing.

The Percussion Instruments Nia and I played  this night:

Egg Shaker Maracas        Latin Torpedo 


Egg Shaker Maracas Percussion Instrument -FAIR TRADELatin Percussion LP306B

A few nights ago was another amazing night in my village. Nia and I went out to hear our city's bands play for this 2 day Spoleto festival. I ran into my American friend and his street band. 


They were was pushing their hippie musical street cart from location to location stopping to jam for a while before pushing on. A few gals were belly dancing with the band. Some guys carried bongo drums and others shook their tambourines, while 2 saxes played.


So what does every good artist do when they are with fellow artists.... even if they are not musicians... they pick up an instrument and join the band. It took a while to get the rhythm down but it arrived shortly. All though years of the clarinet paid off!


Nia and I jumped in and walked and played with them all night in front of numerous mixed audiences.


Sporting my knee high chocolate leather Prada boots, I was transformed into a Latin torpedo percussion shaking musician and Nia transformed into a Maracus egg shaker musician! Its harder then you think as you need to control different sounds from something that has a low range of scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment