AMBASSADOR (am bas′ə dər, -dôr′) noun

Ambassadors of goodwill are activists, celebrities, artists, environmentalists;

Ambassador-at-large is one accredited to no particular country;

Ambassador extraordinary has a special diplomatic mission;

Unofficial ambassador is one with all;

& unofficial am I!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

my 9 cat lives - poetry look back at a legacy

RICH OF THE SOUL

I feel like the lucky one, living life to the fullest.  I look around and see others who let their life pass them by.  One day their life closes in on them and they never even catch what could have been.  I feel so alive, I feel so passionate about the blessings in my life and the simple events of my days.  I look at some of our great artists and writers living overseas.  I picture them at cafes in Europe and I feel the passion and wisdom in their life.  I understand this intimacy and peace.  I see the richness of their experiences.  I see myself living life, this life, my life.  I see my difference from all others around me, who are caught up in the incidentals.  Little do they realize that these things which they believe to be life are truly incidentals.  Focusing on these incidents blocks their ability to see life clearly. 

I wonder where I am on this growth line.  How much more I need to grow and live.  I think about making a difference in other’s lives, possibly leaving a legacy, pretty big thoughts for someone as simple as me.  I think about what will be my mark on society?  Will it be with writing or will it be with deeds?  Will it be with my character of style or just a mark on family and the ones I love so dear?

I know I’m different.  I know my thoughts and feelings are so out of line with the norm.  I used to feel like the “misfit” but now feel I’ve found what most others never find or even know exists.  So once again I come to a place where I say thank you, thank you for allowing me to be a chosen one, privileged to carry the inner light.  I walk my days with a happiness that shines from with in.  I open my eyes and let my light shine out in each smile and glance, and sparkle in my eyes. 

Francesca
January 10, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment